Thursday, December 24, 2009

Getting along...for now.

Sorry for the earlier, melancholy post. We were in the midst of hurt feelings, tears, and attitude.

That has been resolved, for now. I separated the girls, talked with them individually, took a list of demands from each, went back to the other sister, gave the demands. Elicited promises from both girls to work on the list of demands.

Reagan needs some down time in her room. I had her pull out her art supplies and draw.

Amanda is upstairs watching a movie.

I am caught in the middle.

It's not always a happy time around the holidays, despite the posts I keep reading on FaceBook. At least, not for us. Our family doesn't usually enjoy baking together, the girls don't always hug and love on each other. Sometimes we flat out struggle to get along and be happy with each other.

But every once in awhile I see the love and the joy and the laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment