Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Marshmallows

Amanda gets in the car after school today with a bag of "Reindeer Food." I mistakenly thought it was food we were supposed to feed the deer on Christmas night and was about to panic: Do I throw the "food" out on the lawn? How is that going to work since there are chocolate chips, cornflakes, raisins, and marshmallows in it? It will still be sitting on the lawn in the morning and then Amanda will go look and see it and figure out that the reindeer really didn't come because there really are no reindeer.

All of that passed through my mind in about 10 seconds. I'm already thinking we'll have to go to the grocery store and buy cornflakes (we're HoneyNut Cheerio people) and chocolate chips, then we'll have to make a big deal out of it while we're making it....

Amanda, oblivious to the panic in my mind, proceeds to tell me that the Reindeer Food is NOT for reindeer, it is for her to eat. "But," she says as she settles herself into her carseat, "I didn't put marshmallows in mine. I'm not into marshmallows, you know."

And that was that. She ate the Reindeer Food, sans marshmallows, and I laughed. Because, to her, it was all about NOT having the marshmallows. So there!

I love this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment