Friday, March 12, 2010

Things Our Kids Teach Us

Aren't kids amazing?

They teach us so many things. Patience, for one.

But they also introduce us to parts of life that we would have missed out on otherwise. Take karate, for instance. I never thought I would be working toward my yellow belt; I am because of my children. Isn't that great?!

I am now tackling one of my fears: skiing.

I used to love skiing. Somewhere along the way, I developed a fear of skiing. Not of falling. I don't mind if I fall. I'm scared of not stopping. I'm scared of getting on and getting off the ski lift.

But we decided as a family to go skiing for Spring Break, so here I am, facing my fears for my kids. I don't want them to know I'm scared, because I want them to fall in love with skiing.

First run of the day after dropping the kiddos off at ski school--I cried the entire way down. It just scared me.

At the bottom of the run I told Scott I wanted to take a group lesson. I got signed up and within the first 30 minutes, ski instructor Chuck got me over my fears. Yup. No more ski fears! YES!

So, tomorrow Big Sis, Dad and I will go skiing together for the first time. Princess didn't quite pass Ski School so she has to go back tomorrow.

I love my kids! I'm skiing again, without fear, because of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment