Saturday, March 6, 2010

Week 1, Tri Training

I have completed week one of my first ever Triathlon Training.

Whew!

Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Meaning, I could actually complete each day's worth of exercises. No small feat for someone as nonathletic as me.

Swimming on Day One was harder than I thought. I realized that even though I can run a 5K (again, something of a challenge for this asthmatic, nonathletic mom) I am not in the best of shape. However, I LOVED the swimming. Now I am on a hunt to find a place where I can swim several times a week. I've even got the gear: (because if you're gonna attempt something, you gotta look your best!) swim cap, nose clip, goggles. Bring it on!

My bike has been in the shop getting a tune up so I had to use the stationary bike at the gym. Not a big fan of the stationary bike. It just doesn't really feel like a workout; which makes me think I may not be doing it correctly.... But, I picked up Sparkles (the bike. Yes. I named my bike) today and she is ready to go. Group bike is tomorrow. I am already intimidated because I know I am the weakest of the group- which lends itself to predatory animal analogies, but I try not to go there. Have not been on a real (non-stationary) bike in about 5 years, so tomorrow will be very interesting. Hope I don't fall off.

Couldn't do the run on Thursday because I hurt my knees in karate class the night before. I walked around the zoo for three hours though, so that counts for something! My knees have recovered, so I completed the run for today. Yay me!

The Core workout for the swim was a nice change. Hard, but I really enjoyed it.

So, there ya have it. Week One. Check.

Next week looks to be about the same, but Week Three we step things up a bit.

Haven't noticed any weight loss yet, but overall I just feel healthier.

My arm is finally better, so I can start weights this week.

I am really enjoying this whole experience so far, and am super glad to have a reason to look forward to exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment