Friday, May 28, 2010

Finished!

We did it. We made it through another school year.

And it was a wonderful school year.

The girls both had great teachers and they had so much fun. And they learned some stuff along the way, too.

I now officially have a 2nd grader and a kindergartener.

It's been harder dealing with the fact that my youngest is going to kindergarten than it was with my older one. She's 5 and a half and is SO grown-up.

She and I won't have anymore Tuesday/Thursday time to spend together since she'll be in school 5 days a week next year. No more letting her sleep in on those mornings, or taking big sister to school in her p.j.s.

Once a week the Princess and I would go to Starbucks for a drink and a mid-morning snack. We'd giggle about stuff and try new foods. She is now very much in love with the pumpkin bread.

*sigh* Maybe I'll have to take her late to school next year, just every once in awhile so we can keep doing that.

Princess has grown so much in the past few weeks. And not just physically, although she has done that, too. She has matured emotionally and mentally. She is ready for kindergarten.

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment