Thursday, June 17, 2010

My favorite job

I love being a mom.

Yes, there are challenging, pull out my hair moments. There are also the gross me out, this is going to make me vomit moments. But, really, I love it all.

I enjoy driving my kids to their activities/camps/practices. I don't enjoy the fighting, but I do like listening to them giggling in the backseat. Those giggles are precious, sweet moments that I tuck away in my heart. Then on the bad days, I pull out those memories and those giggles and I remember that I DO love these kiddos and they really are sweet, kind, fun people.

I like going in and meeting their teachers/coaches, and finding out what they've been up to all afternoon. I like seeing their artwork, seeing where they sit, who they like to sit next to.

I like hanging out in the school library and talking to other moms. I like helping students find the book they are looking for. I like getting book recommendations from 5th graders.

I like arts and crafts projects...even the messy ones. Glitter everywhere. Marker on the table. Smiles on my girls' faces. Artwork I can hang on the fridge, or in the hallway, or in my bedroom.

And I love the snuggles that I get from a sleepy child who needs some one-on-mom time. Or the sweet little hand that grabs mine as we walk through the parking lot.

This is the best job I have ever had. And the toughest. And the most rewarding. It's not easy by any means. Especially when the girls can't get along. Especially when I'm a grouchy bear. Bu, really, it's amazing.

I was designed by God to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment