Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Princess is Sneaky

As she was avoiding bedtime tonight, The Princess announced to me that she regularly sneaks down the stairs when we think she's asleep. I asked her how many times she has done this and she rolled her eyes, smiled, and said, "I don't know."

I laughed. It's just so...HER.

She sleeps upstairs, in the only bedroom we have upstairs. It is ridiculously simple for her to come down the stairs, through the kitchen and into the front living room without us knowing. Or, what she usually does, is stop in the kitchen and watch the living room TV. We can't see her from our places on the couch.

One night I found her sitting on the red couch in the front living room; just sitting. Hands folded in her lap, looking out the window, waiting for her Daddy to come home. She scared the fool out of me. But I sat down with her, and we laughed and hugged till her Daddy came home and carried her to bed.

She is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment