Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Small Bit About My Girls

The Princess--I am learning that there are parts to her personality that I cannot change. I can tell her, and tell her, and tell her that her voice sounds rude. She doesn't get it. That's just the way her voice sounds.
--I am also learning that I need to be strict with her. It's easier to back off my discipline because I know she's going to get mad, fuss, yell. But I am the grown up here and I know why I'm doing what I'm doing (most of the time). If I back off, even a little, she walks all over us. And while some of it may be cute now, those habits won't be so cute when she's older (although she will still be adorable!).

Big Sister--I felt sick this evening and went straight to bed before dinner. My sweet 7 year old made me dinner. Pretzels, crackers, raisins, an apple (which she washed and took the sticker off!) a cereal bar, and a DanActive drink. I ate the crackers and raisins to be nice, but really, my stomach wasn't up to it. Then she brought me all my stuffed animals. Yes, I still own stuffed animals at 35 years of age. My husband is learning that when he buys the girls a stuffed animal, Momma needs one, too! Then Big Sis brought me water. Then she went to the kitchen and made me the most beautiful picture. She loves to draw and color, and she loves to share her art with others. When I'm feeling better I'll take a pic of the artwork and post it. She then got in her pjs and snuggled next to me in bed and hugged and kissed me all night. How could I NOT feel better after all that lovin? What a precious, sweet girl God has blessed us with.

I love my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment