Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bath Time...or Lack Thereof

Today the Princess announced, "Mom, I haven't had a shower or bath in a long time. I need to take one."

This is from the 5 year old.

This is a problem.

Has it really been since Sunday when she last took a bath?

Holy cow. Bad parenting award, right here. I'm the winner of that one.

She didn't smell, her hair didn't look dirty. I had no idea she had gone so long without washing. Eeewwwwwwww. I apologize to all who have come into contact with my daughter in the past few days, especially her school mates.

However, despite my poor parenting skills and her dirt, the Princess managed to meet her husband at school this past Wednesday. She got in the car and announced that she had decided who her husband was going to be. She wanted to double-check with me to see if it is ok for her to marry someone with darker skin than herself. I told her yes, she smiled and told me the name of the boy she is going to marry. I asked her if she had informed the boy about her plans. "Not yet," she said.

At least a little dirt hasn't stopped her world from turning!

Anyone else ever forget to wash their kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment