Monday, April 12, 2010

Things I've Learned

Not a life changing, awe-inspiring list. Don't expect to be amazed. But I bet you've learned some of these lessons yourself:

*When Husband says he'll be home early, he does not mean 2 hours early. Not even an hour early. He means he'll be home 5 minutes early, then sit in the truck in the driveway talking (for work, of course!) for another 20 minutes. Technically, he was home early. I used to think "early" meant early and would eagerly await for him to come home and play with the kiddos. I have learned.

*That it's ok to serve vegetable with butter and salt if it's the only way my kiddos will eat them. At least they're eating veggies, right?! I have learned.

*The disappearance of all hair clips, bows, and rubber bands can be blamed on the kiddos. I find Barbies and stuffed animals with the weirdest hairdos, bunny ears painfully pulled back into clips, dog collars laced with ribbons. I have learned. Don't buy more hair clips, just go find the stuffed animals and steal them back.

*I have learned to delegate chores I don't want to do to the kiddos. Don't want to clean up dog poop? Now it's an item on their chore chart. Tired of unloading the dishwasher day after day? Chore chart! This is great! Lesson quickly learned.

*I know when my kiddos need to go the bathroom before they do. They hop, twist, and wriggle around and steadfastly answer, "NO, I do not need to go the bathroom. Stop asking." Two minutes later, BAM, they have to go to the bathroom and it's a matter of national importance that they go NOW. Hurry up Mom. Hurry up! Still, I can't help but asking them over and over, "Do you need to go to the bathroom?" Still learning on this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment