Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Lesson Learned in Karate

Karate is done in the bare feet.

After my first lesson, I went home and changed my toenail polish--it was too chipped and dull for me to be showing my bare toes in class twice a week.

After today's lesson, I am going to start using lotion on my feet every day. We did a lot of stretching today, and that gives me time to think. And time to notice my feet.

They're dry and they need to be loved on a bit more. I was silently praying that we wouldn't do any stretching with partners; I didn't want someone holding my ankles while I did sit-ups. Ack! They might notice my dry, scaly feet.

How sad is this? I am obsessing over other people noticing my dry feet. But if I had to hold someone's ankles for 35 sit-ups, I would notice.

So, tomorrow I will take care of my feet before I go to bed. And tomorrow, I will call and make an appointment for a pedicure.

Funny lessons learned in karate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment